Thursday, February 22, 2007

Elementary school

Elementary school
To tell you the truth, I hadn't seen Amelia until 1971 - that year I was walking in the park situated near a big elementary school (no 115) in Cracow. I remember it quite well, the little Angel with blonde hair and blue eyes appeared right in front of me and looked deeply into my eyes. I will never forget her eyes full of tears, her small body shaking with fear and suffering. I couldn't help the kid, I couldn't. But I felt an amazing feeling that I knew what had happened to her. I knew her thoughts, emotions, joys and worries. Once again I saw myself in this creature called Amelia...

The reason why she felt scared and unhapppy was some kind of disappointment with the cruelty of life. For this small, subtle creature - a teacher hitting a kid with a ruler and a youngster bulling her - were the first people who showed her the dark side of their minds. They were so different from Amelia's parents, other relatives, classmates etc. That is why, she reacted in such a way. She didn't know, that all her life she would be experiencing the touch of evil, she didn't realize that it is a life...

No comments: