Wednesday, February 21, 2007

It was love at first sight...

It was love at first sight...

All of us like falling in love, but only some of us experienced the feeling of this crazy (or maybe wild) feeling at the very beginning of our lives. Why do I say so? The reason should be rather understandable or predictable - my Amelia felt this at the age of five.
I remember it very well, I was looking at the little, funny girl with blue eyes and blonde hair with a kind of astonishment. This was a bit strange, I felt as though I knew her all my life... Amelia seemed to be so close, so familiar, she seemed to be me. Me from the past. I know I will never forget this impression, which made me scared or maybe thrilled, excited at that time.
It was June, 1969 and the scene took place outside the kindergarten in Nowa Huta.The girl was sitting on the grass, next to her there were two boys (both were staring at Amelia as if they saw an Angel). They were just the kids, but I noticed a special relationship between them based on something pure, innocent, perfect, ideal, divine...It is difficult to find the words now after so many years. The kids were talking, playing and laughing for, more or less, half an hour. And I was simply looking at them and thinking about love, family, all the people I had lost before I saw Amelia and her two friends. The boys loved her and it was that obvious and natural. And she also loved them in an innocent, childish way. Well, if all of us could love so much...

No comments: